About Me

May 26, 2010

Dresser Vignette



Happy Hump Day! I thought I'd share the latest grouping of fun junk that adorns the top of my dresser (of course, it's already changed again...lol). Please ignore the missing drawer pull. I removed it so I can take it to the hardware store with me to get new ones. It's been rattling around in the bottom of my purse for months. Sheesh.

Anywho....the dresser itself, some of you might remember, I picked up at Big Lake Thrift last year for $40. It's a HEAVY little effer...solid wood, so at that price, it was a steal. It was already painted white and has just enough "patina" to give it character. The mirror was a purchase from my friend Heather, and is just leaning against the wall. I like that it's slightly askew...kinda like me these days. ;)


Those cute lil cowboy boots were thrifted from Turn A Leaf Thrift on Swanson in Wasilla for about $2. Originally I intended to plant flowers in them, but like so many other finds, they ended up somewhere totally different.

You guys have seen the temporary Flea Market that springs up along the Parks Hwy every year, right around Mile 49? Well, several years ago I picked up that rusty old lantern for a few bucks and it's lived in several different spots in my house. I love the contrast of it against the white dresser. Stopping there is always a gamble and I never know what I might find (or who, for that matter!) but it's worth a stop at least once every year. Just last week I saw lanters similar to mine at Pack Rat Antiques in Anchorage selling for $75-$100. Score!


Add one picture of a partially nude cowboy (he still has his boots and hat on, for goodness sake!) and a shabby chic candle holder with a homemade birdnest on it, and it's a fun and unique vignette for my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment